Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    SI and Golf.com have the 2006 list of golf courses that you can play. (Of course you would have to shell out a decent chunk of change to play them).

    Anyone ever played any of these? I actually had the opportunity to play #3 on the list (Kiawah Island) last summer while in Charleston for a wedding. I got it at a discount though.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    Do you have a link?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play


  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    Nope, I sure haven't. When I was in Hilton Head, SC two years ago I watched a few people play the 18th at Harbour Town but didn't want to dish out $200 for 18 holes when I suck. I played two courses while I was down there: A Robert Trent Jones Course, I can't remember the name, but I wasn't at all impressed with that one, it was not well maintained, plus I just about whipped 3 kids ass who were getting on my nerves with them trying to Happy Gilmore the ball every time taking divots the size of lake on each shot, so I decided to hit into them a couple of times and one actually hit their cart so I think they got the point. The other was the Golden Bear, I loved that course, well maintained, GPS carts, nice club house, etc.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    I managed to play Kiawah for 75 bucks thanks to my wife's cousin who got me a discount. I bet there weren't no more than 5 groups on the entire course the whole day. Free bottled water around the whole course and free range balls when we got there.

    Of course they made up the money in other ways. I was going to buy a polo shirt but the cheapest one was 95 bucks. I think the Ryder Cup was there in the early 90s. I believe the SR PGA championship is there this year with the PGA Championship hosting there in 2012.

    I'll get to watch Tiger shoot 68 and remember I shot 97 from the back tees on the course.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play


    15. Harbour Town - Hilton Head, SC
    25. Caledonia Golf & Fish Club - Murrells Inlet, SC
    95. Barefoot Love Resort - North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    I have played The Homestead. Love this course.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member FOOTBALLFEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    I am surprised that Dan Hall Mtn Resort didnt make the list lol

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Top 100 Golf Courses that You can Play

    I have been fortunate enough to play The Homestead,Caledonia,Linville Golf Club, & The Dunes. I also was in Hawaii last summer & stayed on Maui. Went to the Club House at Kapalua, just couldnt see paying $290 to play 18 holes of golf. The course looked incredible. I did play the Mauni Lani Resort course several years ago on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is the course where the Senior Skins Game was played for many years. The one course that I would pay whatever it took to play. would be Augusta.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •